Todays tip is all about food!!! I don't know about you but I love food. Mexican, Chinese, Greek, Italian, you name it I love it. But for today's tip I want to give an easy recipe that will wow any guests this holiday season.
I have had a love affair with brussel sprout for many years now, and have perfected them. My mother made them all the time when I was growing up and now I do too.
Brussel Sprouts ala Zack
1. Rinse brussel sprouts in collender with cool water. The with sparp knife cut stem end off so that the first layer of leafs fall off. Then cut them in half from top to stem. To cook them more evenly take out dense center.
2. Coat the buttom of a large sause pan with extra virgin olive oil (or oil of your choice bacon greese, butter, or for a healthier option, choose grapeseed oil). Turn the pan on medium and add the cut brussel sprouts after a few minutes.
3. Once the sprouts have been coated with oil add the minced garlic and seasoning. (To avoad burning the garlic add it after the sprouts)
4. Once the sprouts have carmelize a little, about 10 minutes, add the chicken broth. Leave the heat medium for 5 minutes, then turn down to low and cover with a lid. Check on them after 5 minutes to see if they are tender and that the chicken broth have cooked down.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the salt and pepper and add the final touch parmegiane chesse. Remove from heat and serve hot in your favorite bowl or platter.
I also grilled a steak, made pasta, and roasted veggies to acompany the delicious brussel sprouts
Tomorrow will be tip number 10. It is crazy to think Christmas is so close. See you tomorrow...